If in case, the hardware which you have installed is not working automatically then you should update drivers in Windows. And also if the device is having some kind of issues then also updating drivers will fix the issue. Hence, in this blog you will read how to update drivers in Windows. For assistance, you should contact to the customer care of Microsoft through www.office.com/setup.
What is the Method to Update Drivers in Windows? Office.com/setup
- First, you should locate, download, and extract the latest drivers for the hardware. For this, check with the hardware manufacturer when you are searching for an updated driver. If you download direct from the hardware maker, then you’ll know that the driver is both valid and recent version.
- You should open Device Manager in Windows from the Control Panel.
- If Device Manager is open, then you should select the > or [+] icon just to open the category which contains the device that you want to update the drivers for.
- If you’ve found the device for which you’re updating drivers for, then it depends on your version of Windows: Windows 10 & 8, Windows 7 & Vista and Windows XP Only.
- After this, it will ask the question How do you want to search for drivers? Then, you should choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- Then in the next window, you should select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer (Windows 10) or Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, which is located at the bottom of the window.
- Now, you have to select Have Disk, which is located on the bottom-right hand side of the screen under the text box.
- Then, in the Install From Disk window, you should choose Browse which is at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Here, in the Locate File window you should go to the folder which you have created as part of the driver download.
- After this, you should select any INF file in the file list and then you have to select Open. Like Find several INF files in one folder?, Find many folders with INF files?, Didn’t find an INF file in the folder you chose?, Didn’t find any INF files?
- Now, you should choose OK button in the Install From Disk window.
- Here, you have to select the newly added hardware in the text box and then tap on the Next option.
- At this point, you will get number of common warnings and other messages in the driver update process. Like Windows cannot verify that the driver is compatible, Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software, This driver hasn’t been signed, and Windows requires a digitally signed driver.
- When you are Installing driver software screen, then Windows will use the instructions which are included in the INF file to install the updated drivers for your hardware.
- When the driver update process is finished, then you will see a Windows has successfully updated your driver software window. Now, you should select Close and also close Device Manager.
- At the end, you should Restart your computer system.
The above method will help you to update Drivers in Windows. If the customer need support, then they can anytime contact to the customer care of Microsoft through www.office.com/setup.
Also Visit Here –How You Can Enable or Disable Administrator Account in Window 10?