Microsoft Office is the software which increases the productivity of all the organization. It is used in both homes as well as for office purpose. You can install this software through www.office.com/setup. This software helps in scheduling meetings, conferences, formatting, editing, creating text document and also used for making spreadsheets etc. All the application of this software completely satisfies the needs of the user and it is estimated that no other software has the ability to compete with MS Office. But some users face the error code 0-2, while installing or updating MS Office. This error occurs due to Disk space error, registry corruptions, system file corruptions, streaming connectivity error, and firewall rules.
Methods to Fix MS Office Error Code 0-2:
- SFC Scan: First, you have to ensure that the computer date and time is correct. After this, open the command prompt with administrator privileges. Then, you have to type “SFC /SCANNOW” and just click on enter key. Wait for the scan to complete, till then do not close the window. Now check the error is still there or not.
- Disable Firewall: First, you have to open control panel and then click on system and security option. Now, you have to open Windows Firewall and then select “turn windows firewall ON or OFF”. After this, just click on “Turn OFF windows firewall” and press OK button. At this point, you have to check the error code 0-2 is fixed or not.
- Perform Disk Clean Up Tool: Open control panel and then you have to click on system and security option. Then, just click on Administrative tools and open Disk clean up. Here the box is opened, you have to select C Drive and then click on OK button. Now you have to check the folders are clean and then click on OK button.
- Repair Registry: You have to open the Registry editor with administrator privilege. Then go to Office registry folder.
Then delete the subsidiary keys in Office folders.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\10.0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\11.0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\12.0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\14.0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\15.0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\16.0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\COMMON HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\SOFTWARE
After deleting the subsidiary keys, you have to delete the sub folders like Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. HKEY_LOCAL_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\ folder
Then you have to delete Licenceservers key and LicenceServerRedirection key. When the corrupted keys are deleted, you have to check the error.
- Remove Older Version Of Office: First you have to open control panel and then go to programs and then select Programs and features. Now you have to check for Microsoft Office. Then you have to click on uninstall MS Office. When Office is removed then you have to check the error.
- Install MS Office: First you have to open Microsoft office my account login page. Then you have to log in to your Office account by using your Office email ID and password. Now, click on install option and run the downloaded setup file. After this, click on close button when the installation process complete.