Microsoft Office is great software with amazing applications like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and One Drive etc. All these apps of MS Office perform different functions. It is very easy to use and you can easily install this software through www.office.com/setup. MS Excel is the well known application used for creating spreadsheets, keeping accounting data, and tracking day-to-day activities. It is used in offices, schools, homes and also for business purpose. But, when user uses this application of Excel, they encounter some errors. And it is very necessary to fix these errors. In this blog, you will read about some common errors of MS Excel and how you can fix it with ease.
Read Also – How One Drive Can Secure Your Data In Cloud?
What are the Common Excel Error and its Solution? Office.com/setup
- ##### Error: It is the common error which the user faces is a cell filled with hashtag characters. This means that column is not wide to show the data which you have entered. You can easily fix this error, by increasing the column width so that the data can be easily entered in the spreadsheet.
- #NUM Error: The NUM error basically occurs when you add the invalid number to the formula then you’ll receive the NUM error on your spreadsheet. It also occurs when the numeric value is too small or large. You can fix this error; you just have to check that you have entered any formatted data such as currency, dates, or special symbols in the formula. You just have to delete the invalid characters from the formula and just keep only numbers.
- #VALUE! Error: The #Value error occurs in Excel when there are spaces, characters, or text in the formula where it should be the number. You can fix this error by just checking the formula and make sure you use only numbers in the formula.
- #REF! Error: The #REF error occurs in Excel when a formula contains incorrect cell references. You can fix this error, for this you should be careful while pasting a set of cells and there should be no formulas which get affected on deleting a cell. By mistake, if you have deleted a cell, then you can click the undo button (Ctrl+Z) just to recover them.
- #DIV/0! Error:This error occurs when you divide a formula by zero or an empty cell in Excel. As it is not possible to divide by zero. You can fix this error, you should change the value of a cell to the value which is not equal to zero or you can also add value if the cell is blank.
- #Name! Error: This error occurs when Excel is not understanding the name of the formula which you are trying to run, and also occur when excel cannot compute one or more values which entered in the formula itself. You can fix this error by just checking the spelling mistakes in the formula. And you should also type the Excel functions in lower case when you enter a formula, as the Excel will automatically convert it to upper case.
These are some of the common Excel error and their solution. But in case, if you are still facing problem then you can visit to the site of MS Office via www.office.com/setup for details.