Microsoft Office is the popular software which is developed by Microsoft for the convenience of the user. This great software is very well utilized in firms, organizations, hospitals, schools, colleges, offices and in homes also. You can install this productive suite through office.com/setup. This software fulfills the demand of the current generation and also it updates its application timely so that the users don’t have to face any kind of difficulty. They also provide great technical assistance for its customer and its experts are available all the time. In this blog, you will read how you can migrate from SharePoint to Office 365.
Tips to Migrate From SharePoint To Office 365?
- Manually Copy Files To Office 365: You can manually copy files to Office 365, with the help of Explorer View in SharePoint. But this method has a drawback because you will lose all the SharePoint default metadata as all the default data is not carried over. These default user column values are reset according to the person who does the migration and also default date column values are reset to the current date and time.
- Office 365 Migration API: This is a new method of migration developed by Microsoft which increases the speed of migration of data by leveraging Azure. The drawback of using this method is you require a migration package and azure set up on hand before doing the migration. When the job timer in azure begins, it moved the content to your Office 365 environment according to your package settings. One thing you require is you must have developer skills and also the knowledge of API.
- Using Custom or Third Party Office 365 Migration Tool: You can do the migration by just appointing a SharePoint consultant but this will take lot of your time. The better option is you should use the third party Migration tool which speed up the process of migration and make the task easy.
- Using Microsoft Fast Track: For Office 365 customer who has 150 seats or more, than you can utilize the Microsoft Fast Track which is the free data migration solution. This tool helps the user and guides them in the process of migration.
- Hybrid Upgrade to Office 365: In this hybrid upgrade, you require both the on premises and cloud environment. They both are linked and run. In case you do not want to move your old content from on premises to the cloud than you can choose this On premises SharePoint. Then slowly and gradually you can start using Office 365 after creating new sites. After establishing this connection, users can be able to move between the Office 365 and on Premises SharePoint. Through this way you can upgrade content to the cloud.
This process helps to migrate from SharePoint to Office 365. But if the user is still facing some kind of issues then they can contact the customer care executive of MS Office anytime. They can also visit to the site through www.office.com/setup.