MS Office is the software which makes the work easier and simpler. It is consist of many applications and all the applications perform different functions. It is developed by Microsoft and can install through www.office.com/setup.
MS Outlook is the application of MS Office. It is used to send and receive emails. In this you can manage calendars, appointments, tasks, notes, similar entries etc. If MS Outlook won’t open you don’t have to worry. The reason for this error are if the profile belong to older Outlook version, if the PST file is deleted or damaged, if there is incorrect configuration of the app, and if the application is incorrectly installed. The symptoms of this error are your system becomes slow, started hangs or freezes. The causes of this error are if there is virus attack, internal registry conflict, and installation of corrupt software.
Fix the Error MS Outlook won’t open:
Www.office.com/ setup gives the ways how you can fix this issue:
- Update Outlook as well as other software: For this, first you have to go to the Settings options then Find Update and Recovery option. After this, just click on how updates get installed. Now, just turn on automatic updates. This will might solve the issue.
- Practice Safe Mode: In this, first of all click on File menu then find Options. After this, click on Add-ins and now you have to search for COM Add-ins. Just clear all and re-start Outlook in the normal mode.
- Fix Damaged Files: First, close all the running MS Office applications and open the Control Panel. Now, you have to click on Programs and Features options. Here you have to search for your MS Office version and right-click on it. Now, just select the repair option.
- Restore Navigation Pane Configuration File: In this, first you have to shut down all the running MS Outlook application and click on Start Menu. Then, you have to type Run command and another Run dialog will prompt. Now, just type outlook.exe /resetnavpane command and click on Ok button.
- Delete Navigation Pane Setting File: First you have to open the run box and just type %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook command and press Enter key. Now, you will see MS Outlook configuration file location. Here, search Outlook.xml file and delete it.
- Create a New Outlook Profile: First, you have to click the Start button and just go to Control Panel. Now, click on the Mail option just to open Mail Setup dialog box. Here, just click on Show Profiles. Now, click Add button and give it a profile name. At the end, just click on OK button.