Microsoft Office is the widely known software developed by Microsoft for making the work of the user easy and convenient. You can install this famous software through www.office.com/setup. It is easy to use software and includes many apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. But some user encounters problems in MS Excel. Hence, in this blog you will read the solution of Excel 2016 Open a blank document issue.
Fix Excel 2016 Open a Blank Document: Office.com/setup
1. Deselect the “Ignore DDE” option: For this, first you have to go to MS-Excel and just click on File option and then you have to go to Options. Now, you have to click on “Advanced” option and after this, go to the General section. Here, you have to deselect the box which is next to “Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)”. At last, you have to click on Ok button.
2. Quick Repair MS Office: First you have to open the Control Panel in Windows and then just click on the “Programs and Features” option. After this, you have to select “Microsoft Office” in the programs list and then you have to on click the “Repair” option. In case, if it asks for the permission then you have to click on “Continue” option.
3. Reset Your Excel File Associations: For this, first you have to open Control Panel and then just go to Default Programs. For Windows 10, you have to click on the “Reset” button which is located at the bottom right hand side of the computer screen. For Windows 8, you have to press on “Set your default programs”. Then you have to select Excel and then just click “Elect default for this program”. Now in the Set Program Associations window, you have to hit on “Choose/select All” and then just hit the Save button. For Windows Vista &7, you have to click on “Set your default programs”. After this, just select Excel in the Programs list and then you have to click on “Select defaults for this program” option which is at the bottom of the screen. Now in the Set Program Associations window, just press on “Select All” and then you have to click the Save button.
4. Check Add-ins in Excel: First you have to select File option and then just go to Options to open the Excel options. After this, you have to select Add-ins from the sidebar. Then you have to check any active add-in. Now you just have to turn off these add-ins to test that they are liable for the blank document issue. If they are not liable, you can allow them again.
5. Enable Hardware Graphics Acceleration: For this, go to the Microsoft Excel and then just click on File option. After this, you have to select Options tab and then click on Advanced option. Now you have to go to the Display section and then check the box which is next to “Disable hardware graphics acceleration” and hit Ok button.
Read Also – How To Resolve MS Office Error Code 3029-4?
This method will help you to solve the Excel 2016 Open a Blank document issue. If you want help, then you can contact to the expert of MS Office anytime via www.office.com/setup.